At extraenergy we want to make our services and products accessible for all our customers so it's important that our site is easy-to-use and understand by everyone, including those with sight, hearing and motor impairments.
We understand that needs are often diverse so if you do have any problems using our site, please get in touch and we will help you access our content.
We acknowledge that there is a great diversity in communication methods, technologies and individual abilities of users within the online community. And we recognise that it is our responsibility to be as inclusive as possible: all visitors to our site are important.
This website is designed and built to W3C accessibility standards. This website allows equal access to people with disabilities using technologies other than standard web browsers, such as screen readers.
The guidelines include:
- Using meaningful ALT text for all images to provide descriptive text
- Using descriptive hyperlink text
- Provide navigational short cuts for users of text only browsers and page readers
- Using an easy-to-see web colour scheme
- Using an easy to read font type, size and colour
- You can use your browser to change this document's preferred font size.
- In internet explorer, go to the view menu and select text size
- In Mozilla Firefox, go to the view menu and select text size
- In Opera, go to the file menu, select preferences then fonts and then change minimum font size
- In Safari, go to the view menu and select make text bigger or press the Apple Key and then the plus key
- In Google Chrome, go to control the current page, select text zoom and then select larger, smaller or normal to make text the default size
Access keys are keyboard shortcuts that you can use instead of your mouse to navigate to certain pages in the site.
If you are using Windows, hold down the Alt key and press the appropriate access key for the page you want to go to, then release both keys. Press Enter to go to the page.
To go to the:
- Accessibility page, press and hold down Alt and the '0' key. Release. Press Enter.
- Home page, press and hold down Alt and the '1' key. Release. Press Enter.
- Main page content, press and hold down Alt and the 'S' key. Release. Press Enter.
- Site map, press and hold down Alt and the '3' key. Release. Press Enter.
If you are using a Mac, hold down the Ctrl key, then press the appropriate access key for the page to go there automatically.
To go to the
- Accessibility page, press and hold down Ctrl and the '0' key
- Home page, press and hold down Ctrl and the '1' key.
- Main page content, press and hold down Ctrl and the 'S' key.
- Site map, press and hold down Ctrl and the '3' key.
Please note that your browser may not support access keys.
Making web sites easy to use goes further than just colour and fonts; we work hard to make sure our content is easy-to-read and easy-to-navigate, taking into consideration users who use a variety of assisted technologies. We have provided a site map to make finding your way around easier.
We hope that our efforts have ensured that you can access our services through whichever browser or assistive technology you employ.
We are constantly striving to improve our online services and would therefore welcome any comments and suggestions you may have. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
0800 953 4774
Mon-Fri 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday 09:00 - 17:00
Sundays and Bank Holidays: Closed