I can smell gas – what should I do?
- Open all windows and doors and keep them open until the leak is repaired.
- Don't smoke or use electrical switches, matches or naked flames.
- Call the National Grid Emergency Line on 0800 111 999.
- Make sure someone is at home when the engineer arrives.
- Call 999 if there is a fire.
Who do I contact to report a power cut?
105 from a landline or mobile is the number to call to report a power cut, or if you want to find out more information about a power cut in your area. All calls are free of charge, and will put you in touch with your electricity network operator.
I have a prepayment meter but I have no gas or electricity supply, what should I do?
- If you experience a loss of supply, please ensure that you have enough credit on your meter. If you need to use emergency credit, place your device back into the meter and push the emergency credit button.
- Please check with your neighbours to make sure the fault isn’t local.
- Please check the display on the meter to determine if there is an error message.
- If your meter is faulty and you are experiencing a loss of supply, please contact us immediately on 0800 953 4774. Lines are open Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm and Sat 9am - 5pm. We're closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
- For loss of supply emergencies outside of our normal business hours we are available during 7am-8am Monday to Friday and 9am-5pm on Sundays and Bank Holidays. Please call us on 0800 368 2970 or 0333 300 0270 (prepayment only).